Today is my birthday! We went to church and I came home and Victoria helped me make dinner, it was REALLY tasty! :D I've had a really good birthday, even though it started off a little hectic...but I cannot think of any other way that I would rather spend my birthday than with my kids. Randy wasn't able to be with me for my birthday, but he bought me a delicious cake from the Union Station (their cakes are AMAZING), and got me the cookbook that I wanted. Miranda got me a really cute pink bag (as you can see below) and it was full of bath and body work lotion/perfume/body wash! It smells SO good. :) Victoria made some origami flowers for me as you can see below, and she made me a coupon book full of jobs, and she wrote me a beautiful poem. Erica bought me some body balm, and Randy bought me the "Worldwide Ward Cookbook" as you can see. :) As you can tell we had a really great time, and the cake was divine!
I really loved Victoria's poem, so I decided to put it on here and share it with you!
Mom
She used to have dreams,
Now her dreams are mine.
She used to dream of going to the temple,
Now she is married to her prince charming, who she sleeps next to every night.
Now her dreams are mine.
She used to dream of going to the temple,
Now she is married to her prince charming, who she sleeps next to every night.
She used to only have to clean her room,
Now she cleans a whole house.
She used to go to bed and pray she‘d be okay,
Now she prays for us to resist temptation, together with her spouse.
Now she cleans a whole house.
She used to go to bed and pray she‘d be okay,
Now she prays for us to resist temptation, together with her spouse.
She used to only have to worry about turning a paper in on time,
Now she worries if her kids will all be okay.
She used to hang out with her best friends,
Now she hangs out with us every day.
Now she worries if her kids will all be okay.
She used to hang out with her best friends,
Now she hangs out with us every day.
No matter what we do,
No matter what we say,
She will always be there for us,
She’s here to stay
No matter what we say,
She will always be there for us,
She’s here to stay
The world may push us down,
Make us want to cry,
But mom will always pull us in closer
Making sure we are alright.
Make us want to cry,
But mom will always pull us in closer
Making sure we are alright.
I love my mom,
Very much.
She might not need me,
But I need her, with her loving gentle touch.
Very much.
She might not need me,
But I need her, with her loving gentle touch.



4 comments:
Hey Happy Birthday Michele!! I meant to stop in over for a sec today, but it's been hectic here all day too. I'll see you soon... it looks like you had a great one!
Love all the pictures and the poem! You look gorgeous in that color! I'm glad you had a fun day - can't wait until the sis in law retreat!
Happy late Birthday Girl!!!
I keep forgetting to put you on my blog roll so I forget that you have a blog.
But your on my roll now so I'll check in more often.
Your girls are so Beautiful are they in young women's?
I'm looking for some activity ideas etc.
If they have any that they like will you please let me know?
Thanks Tina
Hey girlie! Sorry I missed your birthday! I meant to send you out some love! Soooo, here's a big Hug and Kiss to let you know you are very loved and missed. Glad it was a good birthday!
Post a Comment